Forum
SlowPicture2007-05-22 09:24:22
The templates.xml file is currently located beneath the user's profile in a subdirectory entitled 'quicktext'. This location is hardcoded in your extension. Please make the location of this file a preference so we can choose to relocate it elsewhere.

In my case I want to locate it on a networked file server so that the same set of personal templates will be available to me from more than one computer on the LAN. Yes, I do realize templates can be shared and automatically imported on startup and this is what I am currently doing. However, this means it is very awkward and error prone to modify or add templates from the QuickText GUI.

Note that what I am trying to do does not suffer from the problem of multiple users trying to read and write to shared templates. I am the only user of the personal templates file and since I cannot be at multiple computers at once, simultaneous writes do not occur. As long as QuickText does not hold the templates file open unnecessarily, there is no problem with what I wish to do.
WizKid2007-05-23 23:37:28
I will think about it. I see how it could be useful.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum