Forum
soosurfer2007-06-23 17:57:37
Hi,

I accidentally submitted this in the wrong thread so I copied and pasted it here.

I have used the free version and love it. I am not familiar with scripting in the pro version but have some questions before I proceed to purchase it. I have created a reservation system/property management system and am wanting to generate confirmation pages based on each individual reservation. Will the script function enable me to extract custom information from each individual reservation (such as date of arrival, type of package...). The site was created with visual studio in asp.net format, but is all web-based. I would have liked to do it all open sourced, but there is no personnel locally that can assist me.

I really appreciate what you have done thus far.

Dean Anderson
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
WizKid2007-06-24 16:14:44
You should check if the URL-tag is what you looking for.
http://extensions.hesslow.se/text/3/All+Tags/#url

If you send me an email using the contact form and tell me more about what you want to do I will do my best to help you.
soosurfer2007-06-25 13:47:40
HI WizKid,

Here is a sample of a confirmation letter that I use. The name, date of arrival, day of the week, number of people and pricing I would like to be able to have extracted into my form e-mail. The information would be changing constantly.

-Catalina Motel-
259 Gt. Northern Rd.
Sault Ste. Marie, ON., Canada
P6B 4Z2
1-705-945-9260

Monday, June 25, 2007

Dear Name

Confirmation: 10621-286 Hearst: 555555 Train Confirmation: 444-444

This is to confirm that we have reserved a non-smoking unit for 2 adults at Catalina Motel on the nights of Month Day, 2007 (Tuesday, Thursday), and a non-smoking unit at The Companion Hotel/Motel in Hearst on the night of Month Number, 2007 (Wednesday) along with 2 Canyon Combo train tickets for Month number, 2007. Our package rate is $714.32 in Canadian Funds. $625.96 will be due at Catalina, $88.36 at the Companion, in Canadian Funds. The amounts will be billed at each establishment on check-in date.

If for some reason you need to cancel this reservation, there is a Railway cancellation fee of 10% plus $10.00 on the train tickets if you cancel within 8 days of the above tour date, and also, we require a 48 hour cancellation notice on your room reservation.

Check in is anytime after 1 p.m. and check-out anytime before 11 a.m.

Your room is equipped with 2 double beds queen length, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker with choice of regular or decaf coffee, 27" Sony television, DVD player, high-speed internet and irons and ironing boards upon request here in Sault Ste. Marie..

Please link to www.catalinamotel.com/map.aspx for a copy of our location map. You can also go to www.touroftheline.com/faq.aspx or www.hearstcoc.com for answers to more questions you may have.

--
Thank you.

Dean Anderson, Catalina Motel
"Quality, Value, Friendly Service"
1-800-561-9810 or 1-705-945-9260
Fax: 1-705-254-5422
www.catalinamotel.com
dean@catalinamotel.com

Here is a sample of the coding that I would like to extract the info from:

Contact information:
Reservation Tracking #:
10606-228
Cancelled
Name:
Perry Robertson
Phone:
test
City:
test
Email:
test
Address:
test
Fax:
test
Province:
test
Other:
test
United Kingdom

Comments:
test

Credit Card:
Visa test test
Credit Card Name:
test

Package Info:
Reservation Tracking #:
10606-228
Cancelled
Name:
Perry Robertson

I tried to put the coding in html but it did not come thorugh.

I hope I am being clear in my description. I have had a programmer set up my web-site with my direction, but I am wanting to take over to customize things a little more to make it more error free in our confirmations.

I run a small establishment and would love to see this feature work for me. I just want to make sure I am on the right track before I proceed.

Thanks,
Dean.
WizKid2007-06-25 14:02:16
So you get that email and you want to extract information from it? That is not possible.
soosurfer2007-06-30 00:43:24
No,

I am wanting to extract the information from my local intranet pages and extract the information from them. They are set up in asp.net so they are dynamically driven. Can quicktext extract from pages that have changing dynamic content? The form id's don't change, just the intranet id. For each reservation that we have coming in we open it up to a web-driven page. The html does not change from reservation to reservation, just the dynamic content (mssql). In order to use quicktext would the copy/paste function work for multiple cells?

Dean.
soosurfer2007-06-30 21:52:28
Hi WizKid,

I went ahead and purchased the pro version and I like the flexibility already. It will help me compose my confirmation letters with more ease.

On the scripting, is it possible to copy values that are scripted in? If I have [[INPUT=name|script|customer name]] in one portion of the form, can I copy that "INPUT" value and have it repeated later on so I don't have to enter it again?

Dean.

PS - This is an amazing program. I am hooked!
WizKid2007-07-16 01:32:17
If you have several input-tags with the same name you will only be asked once.

With one exception. If you have the input-tag in both the subject and body you will be asked twice but that is a bug that will be fixed in the next version.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum