Forum
richol2007-11-04 21:12:19
When I go to create a new message with QuickText 0.9.9.9 installed, Thunderbird gives the error,

"Unable to load address book file vn2zkvxv.default. It may be read-only, or locked by another application. Please try again later."

It's probably not due to a conflict with other extensions, as I have also tried this with every other extension disabled and the same thing happens.

Upon further messing around, it seems that QuickText only gives this error when I have the LDAP Gmail contacts setup in Thunderbird using GCALDaemon. I don't know if this occurs for any LDAP server, or just this particular one.
WizKid2007-11-08 20:38:16
If there is a bug I'm almost certain it is in Thunderbird. I know that there is a lot of changes in the address book being made for Thundbird 3 so hopefully work problem will go away when it is released.
dashton2008-03-30 01:47:19
I get the same error. I am using an alteration to the prefs.js file to automatically load the wab visit http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/03/outlook-and-oe-address-book-support-in-thunderbird/
anyway when I disable quicktext the problem disappears. This only happens when I 1st try to write a message. As long as I don't close Thunderbird every time I write an email after the 1st one the problem doesn't appear. I have the latest versions of everything so quicktext most likely is conflicting with the three lines of source code added to the prefs.js file. So not being a programmer there obviously needs to be a fix as this has been happening for over a year now.
WizKid2008-03-30 12:03:51
The address book stuff is going to change to Thunderbird 3. So hopefully all these problems will go away then. But right now I don't have any solution to the problem.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum