Forum
PaulK2008-01-09 18:52:11
It's not exactly a bug, but gives unexpected results. Also, I just tried-out Quicktext, today (impressed!).

I have a few cases where my Thunderbird address book lists different people (usually married)who share the same email address.
Mike Cxxx <mike@sbcglobal.net>
Kathy Cxxx <mike@sbcglobal.net>

If I try [[TO=firstname]] I guess this add-on only looks for the first instance of <mike@sbcglobal> and uses that first name.
WizKid2008-01-10 15:06:05
That is right. What is your suggestion that would happen?
PaulK2008-01-11 00:45:08
I wish I was a programmer and could give you my idea of how, or whether, to change this behaviour. One time I sent my friend an email, and addressed it to his dog (it included some dog barking sounds)at the email address. The first time I used this feature to say hello to Mike, I was surprised to find that it said hello to his dog instead. That confused me for a moment, until I figured out what was happening. As I said, it's not a bug - it was just funny, to me. Congratulations on what looks like a great extension. I'm still looking to see how it can be used.
bege2008-11-03 14:20:53
I found the same problem today.
In the address book I created TWO CARDS for TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE with ONE EMAIL-ADDRESS.
Quicktext now doesn't look for the correct NAME but for the first card with the ADDRESS. Therefore I cannot use Quicktext for people with one address.
The problem could be solved, if Quicktext looked for the selected NAME in the address book instead of looking for the address.

Thank You very much for this wonderful tool.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum