Forum
Auto Reset Browser > General > Firefox 3
MikeNJ2008-07-02 03:50:15
First off thanks for creating this extension. To users that are wanting to use this with FF3 do the following at your own risk.

1. Download autoresetbrowser_0.2.1.xpi

2. Unzip autoresetbrowser_0.2.1.xpi with 7zip or other zip program.

3. Edit install.rdf. Change <em:maxVersion>2.0.0.*</em:maxVersion> to <em:maxVersion>3.0.0.*</em:maxVersion>

4. Save file and insert file back into autoresetbrowser_0.2.1.xpi.

5. Open Firefox Enter about:config into the location bar, this brings up a list of preferences. Right-click on the about:config page and select New > Boolean and create a new preference called extensions.checkUpdateSecurity and set its value to false.

6. Install extension.
MikeNJ2008-07-02 04:05:27
Oh forgot to mention you are going to have to disable the "session restore from crash feature"

1. Open Firefox
2. Type: "about:config" in address bar ( withot quotes biggrin.gif )
3. Search for "browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash" in the list
4. double click on that field and set that to "false"
WizKid2008-07-02 23:50:02
To change extensions.checkUpdateSecurity is not recommended at all. It is much better to open the install.rdf file and remove the updateurl-tag. Or to download the xpi from addons.mozilla.org (because then the updateurl-tag is already removed)
MikeNJ2008-07-23 02:03:14
Yes, you are right. I've never messed around with firefox extensions before so this is all at your own risk. Like wizkid said leave out #5 in my first instruction and do this instead. Also if you are disabling the resume from crash, of course you will lose sessions if firefox crashes. Never really cared about that option, so it's not a problem for me. Seems like the new firefox sees the force quit as a crash.

Edit install.rdf, remove this line.
<em:updateURL>http://extensions.hesslow.se/update.php?id=%ITEM_ID%</em:updateURL>

Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum