Forum
edrs2008-08-04 06:10:02
Hi

We are using the pro version for a telephone message template. The end users have now requested that we use the callers organisation (which we currently prompt for) and insert it into the subject - the idea is that instead of saying "Telephone Message", the subject would say "Telephone Message from Smith Industries".

Any pointers please?

TIA

Nigel.
WizKid2008-08-20 18:58:33
I don't understand what it is you want to do.
edrs2008-08-25 03:14:48
Sorry - after re-reading it wasn't very clear:

We have used QuickText Pro to create a telephone message template for people to use when taking telephone calls. This is what it looks like:

Hello [[TO=firstname]],

** On [[DATE=long]] at [[TIME]], [[INPUT=Caller's Name|text]] of [[INPUT=Caller's Organisation|text]] [[INPUT=Call Type|select|telephoned you;returned your call;called in to see you]].
** Their phone number is: [[INPUT=Caller's Number|text]]

** He/She would like you to: [[INPUT=Required Action|select|Please telephone them;They will call back;No response is requiredl]]

They also left the following message:

[[INPUT=Additional Message|text]]

Kind Regards

[[TEXT=Signatures|Work]]

The staff have asked if we can now insert the caller's organisation (prompted for above) into the email subject which is currently set to the literal "Telephone Message". For example if some calls from "Smith and Company", they would like the subject set to "Telephone Message - Smith and Company".

I am trying to find out how I can insert the value of one of the variables into the email subject.

Rgds

Nigel
WizKid2008-08-28 00:02:14
Right now there is a bug in Quicktext that means that if you use the same input in both subject and body you are asked twice.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum