Forum
Teltrab2009-09-03 01:06:23
I am sorry that I am just a user and not a programmer. Please excuse me if you have answered this question. I want to be able to create the QuickText templates with the same flexibility as Thunderbird (i.e. - font size and type control, bullets, indents, etc.).

I want to be able to be able to make a line in my signature block bold. I want to be able to have canned "reply" templates that are constructed with the same control as if I were typing in Thunderbird.

I would gladly convert to PRO if this was in PRO.
Teltrab2009-09-15 06:36:52
Here is the solution for all of us. The "coders" can't seem to be able to talk to us lowlife about how to create HTML, but don't be afraid -- it is very easy. I just this minute figured it out. Watch:

Step 1: When you create a template you have to set the "Insert as" switch to "HTML".
Step 2: Then you NEED to put HTML codes to make your text work. Examples:

To create bold text, put <b> at the beginning and </b> at the end.
To create itallic text, put <i> at the beginning and </i> at the end.

You need to put <br> at the end of every line to make it "return" to a new line.

To make a list using lower case letters, use:

<ol type="a">
<li>List item 1</li>
<li>List item 2</li>
<li>List item 3</li>
<li>List item 4</li>
</ol>

To change color, use:
<font color="#ff0000">This is where you put your words.</font>

I am still learning the numbers for colors.

And now the website that has the free chart of these and all the other HTML codes is:

http://www.web-source.net/html_codes_chart.htm

Once you break the ice and do the first one, it is like you stepped into a new world.

IMPORTANT: IF WHEN YOU EVOKE YOUR TEXT IT COMES OUT LOOKING LIKE html CODE INSTEAD OF BOLD, ITALLIC, A LIST, ETC., IT IS BECAUSE YOU DID NOT SET THE "insert as" SWITCH TO "html."

Good luck.
geofft2014-02-25 12:15:24
Hi Teltrab, good tutorial - perfect for a simple orientation of the uninitiated. im sure others will appreciate your effort.
regarding colours, I recommend

http://www.iconico.com/download.aspx?app=ColorPic&type=free

a free colour picker which offers HTML- usable hexadecimal colour codes.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum