Forum
MartinM2009-09-15 21:55:36
The Mozilla Add-ons page for this extension says "The program can insert different signatures into your emails depending on whom you are sending the email to".

How is that done, scripting?
WizKid2009-09-20 00:36:35
English isn't my first language so what I meant was that you could use [[TO=firstname]] for example to change the content of the template.

But yes if you want to change more in the templates you need to use scripting.
MartinM2009-10-05 09:56:41
Hmmm, your English seems pretty good to me.

It seems rather unlikely that anyone would ever want to "personalize" their email message's signature by inserting the name of the recipient into it -- so I think what it says on the Mozilla Add-ons page is. at best, extremely misleading.
Teltrab2009-10-11 04:40:05
MartinM, I use Quicktext like the Add-On page suggests. I am involved in several organizations so that when I send email as a different entity I click on the signature template that states my involvement with that organization, and then there is one for friends and family that uses my nick name. So in WizKid's defense, QuickText allows me to personalize my email messages by inserting "different signatures into [my] emails depending on whom [I] am sending the email to."
MartinM2010-04-02 17:01:10
Teltrab, yes that is what I ended up doing myself (manually picking the signature I wanted use for each message I send). What I was hoping for, was something -- free -- that would do this automatically, based on the recipient of message.

Seems like this one is very close, but not quite what I am looking for, unless I want to purchase the Pro version and program it myself.

Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum