Forum
gerryan2009-11-12 18:10:01
Hi,

I have been using Quicktext for some time and love what it does but have run into a major problem which appears to be related to Quicktext.

The first time I attempt to open a 'New Message' after Thunderbird is started, the program seems to 'hang' for a long time (approx. 2 minutes) before the new message window opens. During this time, Thunderbird appears to run constantly at 25% CPU (i.e. maxing-out one core on on my quad-core system).

Once the new message window opens, subsequent attempts to create a new message operate normally (no delay) - until Thunderbird is closed and re-started when the problem reappears.

This has been driving me crazy for some time but finally tracked it down to Quicktext by disabling all my add-ons and then turning them back on one at a time until the problem reappeared.

I am running Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 and Quicktext 0.9.10.0.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
gerryan2009-11-12 18:25:46
I lied - I just timed it and it actually takes 3 minutes before new message window appears!
gerryan2009-11-12 18:49:28
Sorry - looks like it might not be Quicktext after all. With Quicktext disabled, the new message window appears instantly but as soon as I attempt to type an address, Thunderbird 'freezes' again and I have to wait 3 minutes before I can go any further.

Starting to look more like a Thunderbird problem than an add-on problem so I will have to think again.

WizKid2009-11-12 22:44:22
I think you have some problems with address books. The reason you see it directly is probably because Quicktext uses your address book for variables.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum