Forum
stant2009-12-29 16:23:30
For me it will be very useful. Say, I choose "Write to my chief" and it will set "chief@very-very-very-long-address.com" to the recipient field, and also add necessary signatures etc.
sergeymk2009-12-29 23:14:29
Oh my goodness yes, please add this feature! I was just looking through the forum and saw that stant posted it too.

I sometimes need to send e-mails to several people to do a certain task. I don't want to have to remember who to e-mail, so I want to specify the To, CC, and BCC fields in the template.

I don't think this should be hard to add. Would you please?
Samuel Plentz2009-12-30 00:19:59
You are right, that would be great.
A full customizeable "Mailinglist" with To CC BCC would be very nice.
WizKid2009-12-30 13:30:47
That is possible in the Pro-version. Unfortunately there isn't any GUI for it so you need to manually edit the settings file.

And you can set To, Cc, Bcc and Reply-to.
sergeymk2010-01-27 21:36:35
WizKid,

What tag do I add to templates.xml and where?

I tried adding the following inside the <text> tag, after <name> and before <body>, but it didn't work:

<To><![CDATA[email@address.com]]></To>
and this didn't work either:
<To>email@address.com</To>
and neither did this:
<to>email@address.com</to>
etc.

Can you point me in the right direction?
WizKid2010-01-28 22:34:49
It should look something like this:
<text shortcut="" type="0">
<name><![CDATA[Header test]]></name>
<headers>
<header>
<type><![CDATA[to]]></type>
<value><![CDATA[emil@hesslow.se]]></value>
</header>
</headers>
</text>

The available types are to, cc, bcc and reply-to.

And remember to backup the templates.xml file before trying to modify it.
sergeymk2010-02-04 00:23:56
That worked! Thank you very much, WizKid!
sergeymk2010-03-10 02:28:33
Dear WizKid,

I would REALLY appreciate an update to QuickText Pro that would allow me to specify recipients through the GUI!! This would be much, much easier than having to back up the templates.xml file and enter everything manually!

However, in the mean time I want to report a bug with the <headers> section.

If I enter multiple <header> subsections within the <headers> section of XML, everything works fine for a while, but then only the first <header> section is preserved. I believe this happens when templates (with headers) are edited and saved through the GUI after the headers are added manually.
So in essence, if I specify a "To" address and two (2) "CC" addresses, only the "To" is preserved.

Please help!

My one-year upgrade license has expired, but I would definitely be willing to renew this if this bug is fixed and the GUI gets recipient fields.
chris_walker2010-09-11 15:44:05
Yes, definitely would be a big plus
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum