Forum
Nilly2010-06-10 11:41:01
Hi all,

First of all, I am very happy with this add-on to my Thunderbird that solved my signature problem.

But still a question:
When I insert one of my signatures in a mail, the subject line gets populated too with the word 'signature'. And often it is on receiving a reply that I realize that... kind of irritating. Of course I can wake up and take it out each time before sending but is there a setting that I am missing which could prevent this from happening, maybe?

Thanks and grts
Nil
richh2010-06-28 15:07:59
Hi,

Sorry, I can't help with this - but I'm having the same problem!

Quicktext is very useful, but if anybody can explain how to avoid the email subject line getting over-written that would be very useful.

Regards,

Rich

UK
WizKid2010-06-29 10:43:23
What you write in the subject-field will replace the subject. So if you don't want the subject replaced don't write anything in the subject-field in the settings window.
greengardener2010-07-10 17:10:53
I don't understand what you are advising, WizKid. I don't want to leave the subject-field blank. I fill it in right after addressing the message. Then I go on to write the message and, at the foot of the message, I enter a QuickText signature ... and sometimes QT overwrites the subject field text that I entered. ... Perhaps I don't understand because I don't know what you mean by the "settings window"
Thanks for any help
WizKid2010-07-10 23:27:52
In Tools -> Quicktext where you setup your templates. When you edit a template there is a field called Subject. Don't write anything in that field.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum