Forum
SKova2010-08-22 18:54:30
I am currently using Pegasus Mail mainly for the Template function that is has. I am looking to see if either version of Quicktext can support this also. Here is what I have:

I have about 21 different emails that I would send based for a lottery pool based on specific information. There are emails for the tickets and the winnings each with different criteria. The script will prompt me to input the variable information when I selected a specific template. It uses a dialog box that asks for the date of the drawing when I am sending tickets. When there are winnings involved, it will prompt for the date and new jackpot amount. All of this info allows an email to be created with the proper attachments and text based on those variables. Here is what they do:

If I pick for example, Mega Tickets - No Previous Winnings, a dialog prompts for the Date of the Drawing. After I enter the date, the email is created with a Subject of Mega for (date variable entered), text that is relevant for this drawing, and it attaches a file called Mega_(date variable).html.
If I pick the winnings notification, a dialog prompts for the Date of the Drawing and New Jackpot. After the info is entered, the email is created with a Subject line like described above, text, and attaches files like described above.

I have looked at Quicktext and there are variable functions in it, although there is no explination of how to use them. It looks like it might be able to do what I am looking for. I would be willing to purchase Quicktext Pro if it can do what I am trying to accomplish.

Best regards,
SKova
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum