Forum
bixy2006-11-04 17:09:06
hi,

i use your extension for thunderbird on several computers and this extension is the most reason, why i began to change to thunderbird.

the problem is, that i am dependant on outlook. i had some serious and bad problems with thunderbird. to behonest, in my opinion, thunderbird is not usable for professional use. i switched back to outlook 2003 (soon outlook 12).

is it that difficult to make "quicktext" available for outlook? i mean, thausends of people are using outlook, a lot of the useres need a tool like quiktext and everybody is used to pay for ms-office-extensions.

i would pay for it without thinking for one second.

kind regards
bixy
WizKid2006-11-04 17:25:01
To make Quicktext to Outlook I would have to rewrite all code. It also much harder to make plugins to Outlook then it is to make extensions to Thunderbird.

And another problem is that I don't have Outlook and I never used it. So I rather spend my time on making Quicktext for Thunderbird even better.

What problems have you had with Thunderbird? I have used it for 4-5 years and not had any big problems at all.
bixy2006-11-04 17:59:24
hi wizkid,

thanks for your quick reply!

your answer is as i thought it would be and i understand you. i already thought, that outlook is very different.

i am a business-user and had some serious problems with thunderbird, so i don't trust this program very much. i know quite much about windows, programs, email and internet - so i am no noob in these terms.
one time thunderbird lost all accounts on one xp machine and another time all emails where lost (away for ever). a big part of my business has to do with (support-)emails and i really need to keep all of my emails. i never ever had problems with outlook, but after losing lots of emails with thunderbird, i have problems to trust it.

some days ago i decided to go back to outlook, but i am missing your program very much. your work is very, very good and i hope, you will develop it further and futher! i still use thunderbird on my home pc's and i will go on. perhaps one day there will be a better and more reliable version of thunderbird.

kind regards

WizKid2006-11-04 18:15:24
I must say that it is bad that you had those problems with Thunderbird but if it is so important that you don't lose I would suggest that, which mailclient you uses, that you backup your mails regular.

In Thunderbird it just to make a copy of the profile folder. I use to zip the profile folder and save it regular so if I have any kind of problem I can always go back to when it worked. I also use IMAP so all my emails are stored on the server with is backuped every day by the hosting company.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum