Forum
jeff2010-10-22 20:05:47
Hi,

i updated my thunderbird to 3.1.5. Now thunderbird crashes while starting if i activate my quicktext 0.9.10.

Tried reinstalling quicktext from this site... no effect, still crashes.

any help?
WizKid2010-10-22 22:42:43
Sounds really strange. Thunderbird shouldn't crash and you are the first one I heard having this problem.

One suggestion could be to try to remove your quicktext templates. Move the templates.xml from the Quicktext folder in your Thunderbird profile folder and see if that makes any difference.
jeff2010-11-02 21:39:26
did not help. to be sure, i got a fresh copy of thunderbird and deleted the folder with my email data in the Library folder (MacOsX 10.5). This is also the folder where the templates.xml is stored.

after this i started thunderbird, redownloaded and installed quicktext plugin. thunderbird crashes immediately after start. if i remove quicktext, everything works fine.

any ideas?
jeff2010-11-12 16:33:18
i've just upgraded my mac osx to 10.6.5 (sorry, the version number in the last post was wrong, i had 10.6.4)
after the upgrade the crash is resolved, so it has to be a macosx issue.

i also had similar problems with some firefox plugins and they also do not crash any more. a saw that apple has fixed some fonts problems with this upgrade, so this might be the cause of the crashes.

anyways, thanks for your help!
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum