Forum
Theo2007-01-05 08:03:48
Quicktext looks very nice, but I'm not (yet) a Thunderbird user.

What about building a Firefox version? Quicktext looks like it would be great for filling out forms and editing blogs...
WizKid2007-01-06 00:30:53
I have thought about that but before I start looking at that I still have a lot of stuff I want to add to the Thunderbird version.
Theo2007-01-06 06:01:45
It looks to me like pretty much the same code would work in both applications and if you supported Firefox your user base would grow tremendously...
rpesq2007-01-13 21:57:32
Agreed - we need Quicktext for Firefox.
Opera already has a feature built into it that allows you to take notes and right-click to automatically insert them into a form, dialog box, etc.

Quicktext for Firefox would be VERY useful.

I cannot imagine why it would not be VERY easy to offer. You can dock the selection box in the status bar on the right side, and it will insert the text of your choice wherever the cursor is.

Please consider offering it. I agree with Theo, you would open yourself to many more users, because Firefox is much more popular than Thunderbird.
qurly632007-07-03 07:22:44
Where this would be most useful is in mail apps like Gmail. If I had this as a Firefox extension I would abandon Thunderbird completely. I love Thunderbird but I need better mobility. Web-based apps are the future.
qurly632007-07-03 07:45:41
Where this would be most useful is in mail apps like Gmail. If I had this as a Firefox extension I would abandon Thunderbird completely. I love Thunderbird but I need better mobility. Web-based apps are the future.
liamod2007-09-28 07:07:53
I don't know quicktext well, but it comes highly recommended to me. I use GMail and absolutely crave a feature like this. In fact, I think this would be a real 'killer app' for Gmail - but it doesn't necessarily have to be tied to GMail - just having it as a web form which customises a page of HTML would be terrific. I have done a fair bit of searching on the web, and talking to others, and I think there is strong demand for this.

I don't use Thurderbird and am trying to avoind the need to learn another tool.

Thanks, Liam.
prazgod2008-01-17 23:07:09
I created a fork of the thunderbird version ages ago - I provided the source code to Mr Hesslow, I even posted in this forum thread.

However he nuked my forum post, and contacted me on skype saying he would review my code and see what he could do - that was almost a year ago IIRC.

I use quicktext on Firefox EVERYDAY (My own hacked version based on the publically available source code for Quicktext for thunderbird)

I'll be happy to forward this code to anyone who emails me phil@phil-taylor.com
bricks2008-06-13 08:52:49
+1

We need QuickText for Firefox!
helice0412008-06-20 09:18:35
Yes I need need QuickText for Firefox too.
I'm sure ready to pay the €10 for it
Hope it be available soon.
Textcomplete works on both program too.
But is far to be as user friendly as QuickText

Now that firefox 3 is available wouldn't it be a big time to launch it!
futnuh2008-11-23 12:15:47
Another vote for Quicktext for Firefox. I came here looking for the Add-on (having used the Thunderbird version daily for the last year) and was disappointed to discover that it doesn't yet exist.
LorinRicker2009-02-27 22:36:38
+1 -- Under Windoze (I'm now purely Linux, and haven't looked back), we had Robomon (www.robomon.com) under FF (and IE, etc.) as a great tool for web forms auto-fills. Roboform, from a functional viewpoint, would be a great model for extending QT in this direction. This *should be done*!

-- Lorin
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum