Forum
clarktranslations2012-05-01 17:27:07
Hello,

Am happily using your program, but am noticing that in about 50% of the emails the First Name setting does not recognize the first name even when it is in a reply to an email AND when the name of the person is added to the address book.

Anyone to fix this? Or is there anything I can do to solve it?

Thanks, love your extension. :)
Bianca
clarktranslations2012-07-23 21:42:17
Is this forum checked as I posted this 2 1/2 months ago and have no response yet...
mawin2012-07-25 05:52:45
i fear the developer is not checking the forum.

as per your problem: i havent had this issue at all. last name is sometimes off when double-names are involved but i dont think this relates to your issue.

can you give an example of the names affected and the resulting first name used by quicktext?
clarktranslations2012-10-24 21:38:35
Just purchased the Pro version to enable a file attachment, but even though I set up the template with the file location set it does not attach anything.

Love this extension, but I still have the issue with the names (it just uses part of the email or a last name -- and it is in excess of 50% -- even if I update the address book to ensure it has all the right names).
For instance if someone's name is Sue Johnson and the email is s.johnson at blabla. And it displays as Johnson, Sue then QuickText address it as Johnson, not Sue. And also if someone's email is funnyboy@yahoo it addresses it to funnyboy, even though the person's name is Sue Johnson.

Also am finding that since the last TB update many times QuickText does not work at all and I have to physically go into the tools area to copy and paste the text of the template in.

This could be very good if more people bought the pro version (I would not work for free either) and in turn the developer improved it as it is really neat thus far, but is begging for some updates IMHO.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum