Forum
vexillia2012-11-22 20:12:49
This problem has been solved but not incorporated in this release:

The other error that kiravi reports in Bug Reports concerning the use of [[CURSOR]] seems to come from a change in the function Editor.deleteSelection(0). I don't now why or how this function changed, but if you use Editor.selection.deleteFromDocument() instead it works again:

chrome/content/quicktext.js Line 442: aEditor.deleteSelection(0); --> aEditor.selection.deleteFromDocument();

I can confirm this works in the Pro version with TB 17. Please incorporate into next release.
elecbrick2013-06-06 21:05:27
Thank you for this insight. I have been waiting months for a fix but never thought of searching the forums. This one change should have been enough to issue version .6 a long time ago. I'm hoping this reply helps other frustrated individuals as well. This extension is fabulous but having to delete that pesky [[cursor]] is a pain, especially when the selection is lost.

For those who are not familiar with editing extensions and cannot find the file chrome/content/quicktext.js it is still embedded in the installed .xpi and you should consult an article like this one to extract it and then regenerate an updated xpi:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_an_add-on_to_change_its_compatibility

Now if I could just get around having to press <TAB> to get the cursor into the text box before typing. Got a solution to that one yet?
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum