Forum
mmikrut2007-02-23 19:23:50
Hi,
I changed my thunderbird account settings (name) but the [[FROM=firstname]] I used in my signature has not changed.
Took me a while to work out what was happening, it seems like FROM variables are looked up in the address book, not in thunderbird account settings.
That creates a problem when two users share email address, like this happens in our small office. We have Matthew & Toby, both using email address support@ourcompany.com. Would be nice if Toby & Matt could both sign with different names, it would be possible if Quicktext took "FROM" details from Thunderbir's account settings and not from address book...
Is that possible?

WizKid2007-02-23 19:57:22
The problem is that there isn't almost any information in the Account settings. Just the fullname, email address, replyto address and organization.

I guess they uses the same address book?
mmikrut2007-02-24 05:38:08
Yes, they do use the same address book.

Although I see your point, about not much information in account settings, i would argue it is more intuitive for user to go and change their name in account settings, then wander to address book and change their own setting there.

I believe Identity Section of account settings holds enough information for at least some of the very important settings.

As an alternative, how about having variable group based on identity of account, named "ident" or "account" with at least some of the below information:
Ident-Account_Name
Ident-Full_Name
Ident-First Name (take fist token from full name)
Ident-Middle_Name (take mid tokens from full name)
Ident-Last_Name (take last token from full name)
Ident-Email_address
Ident-Reply_to
Ident-Organization

?????
Cheers

Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum