Forum
AlanRT512017-08-16 21:20:06
The main Quicktext window is blank, and the toolbar selections are no longer visible above the Message Compose Window.
chalie2017-08-30 21:07:51
The main Quicktext window is blank, and the toolbar selections are no longer visible above the Message Compose Window.
garycurtin2017-09-02 23:12:52
I am using Thunderbird 56.0b3, Windows 10.

Previously I was able to use QuickText, but recently it is empty, all my texts are gone. If I try to create a new entry, and click save, it appears to be saved, but when I try to close the window, it says changes have not been saved, do you want to save? So I click on save, and when I try to click on close it says the same thing again. So I click on cancel. I can then go into a new message and use the quicktext I just created, but after restarting Thunderbird it is gone again.

Any ideas?
Paroparo132017-09-05 09:18:56
garycurtin, I have exactly the same problem. I believe the templates.xml file is not correctly recognized. I am not sure but this problem may have started after trying "daily" version of Thunderbird.
garycurtin2017-10-07 17:01:36
Paroparo. It is not the templates.xml that is the problem. If you create a templates.xml on TB 55 or earlier, then copy it over to TB 56, it will work just fine, so long as you don't try to edit any of the templates. This way you can still use the add-on (mostly).
Carl Andren2017-11-14 23:13:51
The latest update to 57 broke it again. I downloaded the previous version from: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/56.0b4/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%2056.0b4.exe and, once installed, quicktext works again. I'll not update Tbird until someone says this issue is fixed again.
drawbars2018-03-13 17:31:13
I am having similar problems -- with the older v52.6.0, which is 'rumored' to work properly. I disabled QT, and installed QT Pro, but the templates were invisible. I could get them back by re-enabling QT ... until I tried uninstalling and re-installing QT (free version). Now, *both* QT and QT Pro refuse to display the templates. The strangest thing is that if I export the (invisible) templates from either version, the resulting XML file is perfect!
Dan_L2018-03-22 05:57:09
I was having the same problem, but the newest version of Quicktext (version 0.9.11.7 dated May 24, 2016)available at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/quicktext/?src=ss seems to have it working again in Thunderbird 52.6.0 (32 bit).

A few cautions:
(1) BEFORE you install this latest version of QuickText, export your templates to a safe place because you MIGHT need them again.
(2) Install the newest QuickText into Thunderbird.
(3) This is where it got kinky for me. After restarting TBird, QuickText was nowhere to be seen and was not listed as installed in Add-Ons. So I installed it again and restarted TBird.
(4) Amazingly, QuickText was not back and all my templates were there again. With any luck you can now add templates (I haven't tried that yet) and they will be remembered.

If your templates are gone, you might try importing that back up copy I suggested making at the beginning. Also, please note that your QuickText templates are stored in your TBird Profile in a folder called "QuickText". The folder was in my Dan_Mail folder.

Good luck.
Dan_L2018-03-22 06:01:39
Oops, typo in my March 22 2018 post.
Item (4) should read:
(4) Amazingly, QuickText was now back and all my templates were there again. With any luck you can now add templates (I haven't tried that yet) and they will be remembered.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum