Forum
Magus2008-06-20 23:06:13
Greetings

I found the QuickText add in yesterday and was very excited about it. But I noticed that after I had installed it in Thunderbird and had it running, I could no longer click a link in an eMail message and simply open it. Fortunately I was still able to copy the link destination and paste into a browser, but that's a bit, ummm, less than optimal. ;)

Is this a known bug? Or is there a setting I should go change to re-enable following links in my E-Mail messages? If I disable the QuickText add in, I'm once again able to click links. But that requires restarting Thunderbird.

Note that I'm not referring to links that one may insert by virtue of using QuickText. I'm talking about links that exist inside any incoming E-Mail message.

I looked in my profile that I had to create for your forum to ask this question. But did not see a way to have E-Mail notify me of any replies to this thread. If it isn't too much trouble, if someone replies would you mind also ensuring what you posted is also sent to rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com so that I may know about the reply?

advTHANKSance... Rick
Magus2008-06-22 22:18:10
Hi all

How odd. After closing and restarting Thunderbird again, QuickText now works as well as my links.

Perhaps something else was going on.

Thanks... Rick :)
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum