Forum
rainer2008-07-19 13:31:52
I have four local address books set up and installed quicktext (free). This works without problems.

When I add an LDAP-Server to the list of adress books, restart thunderbird and try to compose a new message, quicktext tries to the LDAP server as a local address book. This fails and produces an error message along the lines of "address book (name of my profile *directory*) couldn't be loaded".
This message appears only once every time thunderbird is restarted.

The LDAP-Server works normally through the address book. The behaviour can be reproduced both with and without anonymous access to the LDAP server.
rainer2008-07-19 13:36:33
Correction of the previous post with fixed spelling and a hopefully more helpful description:

I have four local address books set up and installed quicktext (free). This works without problems.

When I add an LDAP-Server to the list of adress books, restart thunderbird and try to compose a new message, quicktext produces an error message along the lines of "address book (name of my profile *directory*) couldn't be loaded".
Regardless of the error message, the extension does work normally, including sending a message to an LDAP-contact using a template that uses variables like TO in it.

This message appears only once every time thunderbird is restarted.
WizKid2008-07-19 14:39:53
I'm aware of the problem.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum