Forum
treschny2006-10-19 18:29:07
I downloaded and have tried to install Quicktext Pro without success. First I extracted it, which made it into a folder with extension .xpi. Then I went to "Tools", "Extensions", and "Install". Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 did not recognize it, because it is looking for an .xpi file, not a folder. Then I left it as a .zip file and tried to install it. It gives me the message "Quicktext Pro will be installed the next time you start Thunderbird". When I restart it (even tried re-booting) there is no Quicktext extension in the list. I read in the support forum to try uninstalling the old quicktext 0.9.7.2 first, which I did, but it was to no avail.

Help please?
Joke2006-10-19 18:54:16
I'm not sure if I understand you right. When you download Quicktext Pro you will get an .xpi file. This is a zip file that is renamed in "xpi". Don't extract it, but install it with the extensions manager as an .xpi file. That should work like it works with every other extension.
treschny2006-10-19 23:30:08
For some reason, when I downloaded it, it was named quicktext0.9.9.9.xpi.zip - when we renamed it to just quicktext0.9.9.9.xpi (took off the .zip) then the whole thing worked.
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum