Forum
DaveOzric2015-07-11 15:42:03
@goozak

Holy, you are a freaking genius! One Little Indian saves the day. I changed my exported signature file to LI, imported signatures, changed them to Little Indian again and they are sticking.

Bravo to you!!
nspirov2015-07-13 12:41:00
Hello guys,

For Mac OS X and Linux users - here is a little script compiled from the previous answers here. Just run this ONLY ONCE each time after you save your templates inside Quicktext. If you already have broken templates, run this script while Thunderbird is NOT running. It should be OK when you start it again!

PLEASE NOTE: you have to change the Thunderbird profile folder on line 1. Simple instructions: copy the following text into your text editor, put the correct path to your TB profile then copy the whole thing and paste it in Terminal.

cd "~/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/7saor6vs.default/quicktext/"
echo -ne 'xFFxFE' > templates.new
cat templates.xml >> templates.new
rm templates.xml
mv templates.new templates.xml

Alternative for Mac users: use this little Autimator app: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79938589/fix%20quicktext.app.zip
But you still have to edit it with Automator and replace with the correct Thunderbird profile folder.
fremo2015-07-13 15:14:21
@sameraining
On OSX I've used this workaround :

after having made a backup of it, open the file
/Users/your_user_name/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/default/your_profile_name.slt/quicktext/templates.xml

with "SimpleText" editor

and save it with the File->Save with encoding->Western (ISO 8859-15)

I guess you'll have to do it every time you modify your configuration...

HTH
goozak2015-07-13 17:31:24
@MikeBrumberg : Once you changed the encoding of the file, you don't need to import it again. Just restart Thunderbird and it will use the updated file (as long as you update the original file). After that, you'll only need to change the encoding again if you make changes to your templates.
Chuck2015-07-16 07:39:08
Attachments are still not working with Quicktext Pro 9.11.6. At least it now works with TB38.1.0.
whitesell2015-07-23 15:54:20
I can report that the OP posted a workaround that has worked for me on OSX 10.10 running Quicktext Pro in TB 3.1.0. The instructions are detailed here:
http://mesquilla.com/2015/07/15/fixing-quicktext-addon-for-thunderbird/

Comments to that post indicate Emil has updated QT with the patch in the referenced thread.
WebWeaver642015-08-28 21:28:53
Thank you for the solution on the bom it worked for me and I agree this is a addon I can't live without. I wish someone would take this on, as it makes Thunderbird the system to use.
wsmwk2015-09-29 18:50:16
see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1209425
johnwrites2016-04-29 21:29:07
why can't thunderbird have a proper signature option as part of it. If you make a signature in t'bird it is lined to an email address. i want to be able to add any signature to any email address as can with windows mail
1 2
Create post
You need to login before posting in the forum